Turkey Quesadillas with Avocado Cream
- 8 flour tortillas
- 4 oz. finely grated Monterrey Jack cheese
- 1 cup cooked skinless turkey, shredded
- 4 large white mushrooms thinly sliced
- ¼ cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 4 scallions, very thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- ½ cup avocado cream (see Sauces)
Place 4 tortillas on a work surface and sprinkle each with ½ oz. cheese, making sure it is evenly distributed. Scatter ¼ cup turkey over each tortilla and then sprinkle each evenly with mushrooms, red bell pepper, scallions and cilantro. Divide remaining cheese among the four tortillas, covering each with ½ oz. cheese. Top each with one remaining tortilla, creating a sandwich. Flatten with the palm of your hand. Using a large spatula, place quesadillas on a hot grill. Pressing down with the spatula, cook until cheese melts and tortilla browns slightly, about 2 to 3 minutes per side; remove from grill. Cut each quesadilla into quarters and serve immediately with avocado cream.
Spicy Cream Cheese Dip
- 1 8 oz. package cream cheese
- 1 small jar picante sauce
Allow cream cheese to soften. Mix picante sauce and cream cheese well. Serve immediately, or allow to chill for a firmer dip.
Cheese and Sausage Dip
- 1 large package Velveeta cheese
- 1 package breakfast sausage
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes with green peppers
- 1 can cream mushroom soup (optional)
Brown sausage and drain grease. Melt cheese in double boiler, or microwave. Pour into serving dish and mix sausage, rotel tomatoes and soup. Serve hot.